Texas-Style Duck Egg Potato Skillet
- 4 Thick Slices Turkey Bacon (4 oz.) Chopped
- 1 Medium Baking Potato Diced (1/2-Inch)
- 4 Duck Eggs Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Pico de Gallo or Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Smoked Cheddar Cheese (2 oz.)
- 6 Flour or Whole Wheat Tortillas (8-inch) Warmed
COOK bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until edges begin to brown. POUR OFF drippings. ADD potato; cook and stir until potato is tender and browned and bacon is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
POUR eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, GENTLY PULL the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. CONTINUE cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
STIR IN pico de gallo; heat through. SPRINKLE with cheese. SERVE with tortillas, if desired.
Scramble Mexican favorites, like potatoes and tortilla chips, for a fast and tasty breakfast skillet or simple supper.
Lighter Option: Recipe can be made with reduced-fat cheese, if desired.