Italian Frittata with Asparagus
- 1 small brown onion, diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, mixed to a paste
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced very finely
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 bunch parsley, washed and picked
- Sea salt and pepper to season
- 1 tomato, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Atlantic Organic extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Duck Eggs
- 1 small tub ricotta
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper corns and sea salt
Grind the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper and sea salt in a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
Fill a saucepan with boiling hot water almost to the top and put in the asparagus. Blanch quickly for 2 minutes and remove and refresh with cold water. Gently slice the asparagus spears in half.
Heat the olive oil gently in a fry pan and add onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
Add in the red capsicum, asparagus, tomato paste, tomato and zucchini. Stir for 5 minutes.
Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season with sea salt and pepper.
Add the parsley and then slowly pour into the fry pan coating the whole pan.
Using a tablespoon place dots of ricotta on top of egg mixture.
When the base is cooked, sprinkle the fresh spice mix and a splash of olive oil and put the fry pan under the grill for 5 minutes to cook the top of the frittata until golden.